Notices to Mariners Week 8
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – Two reductions of depth just north of the NE Cross Sand east cardinal buoy. Unlikely to hinder leisure craft and normally a ‘bumpy’ area anyway.
2. ENGLAND – South East Coast – Buoy. – A new PHB just north of the Longnose PHB off North Foreland. This new buoy marks the new outfall that had notified in NtM 2747 in 2020. The image also includes two FOULS notified in NtMs 3278 and 5159 in 2020.
3. ENGLAND – South Coast – Buoy – A very slight move of the yellow buoy just outside the Eastern entrance of Dover Harbour. Apparently the buoy is no longer lit.
1. Refurbishment of RBYC Pontoon – INFORMATION – Work will commence on the refurbishment of the Royal Burnham Yacht Club pontoon at Burnham-on-Crouch as of Monday 15th February 2021. The spud barge Jumbo and associated craft will be in attendance. Any vessel navigating in the vicinity should keep clear of the workings and should pass at a safe distance at slow speed with minimum wash/ wake.
2. Fingringhoe Range Buoys Repositioning – River Colne – Briggs Marine Contractors are planning to reposition 4 x range marking buoys situated around the permitter of the Fingringhoe firing range to new locations marking the extremities of the range. Works are scheduled to be carried out Monday 15th February 2021, weather permitting. The coordinates and chart location of the buoys are provided in Local list at: Notices to Mariners Includes a picture of the buoys. These are around Rat Island: Briggs Marine will be utilizing the vessel MV Liftmoor, operated by Whitstable Marine Services. Mobilising from the Port of Sheerness.
3. Port of Wells ……… dredging
4. Havengore ………….. not opening. Havengore Bridge update (12.02.21) – Havengore Bridge remains closed to marine traffic. Indications are that there is an intermittent issue with the setup of the hydraulic system and not a single component as first suspected. The fault appears to occur in auto-lower mode and affects the lowering sequence. Investigation is continuing. Our contractors are considering if the bridge can be operated in semi-auto mode as an interim solution and we are waiting for confirmation of when they will return to site to determine if this alternative is possible. We will issue an update as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
And now: a new competition. Predicting release of the lockdown v Predicting (full) release of Havengore. I favour release of lockdown.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary