With the lifting of restrictions as of 19th July 2021, the club can continue to get back to normal. However, the Covid-19 virus hasn’t gone away. We do have vulnerable members, so please continue to follow the advice being given to keep everyone safe. In particular if you or any one you have been in close contact with has been tested positive for Covid-19. DO NOT visit the club.
Main Club hut
With the lifting of restrictions, the committee believes that it is now permissible to re-open the hut to members. The club is not in a position to be able to regularly sanitize the facilities, so use of the indoor facilities is at the own risk of members. Please ensure crockery etc is washed correctly in warm soapy water (the water heater is controlled in the old small kitchen).
The door combination has been returned to its original code, and should also be locked with the key that is issued to all members. If you are unsure of the code please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Following will remain for information for the time being
This section of our website provides information and advice for members who are using the Club during the Covid-19 pandemic. With the nature of the club, it is a members own responsibility to ensure they abide with the current national and local rules and guidance from the UK government.
- RYA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for Affiliated Clubs
- RYA Roadmap for the return of recreational boating
Operating a yacht club under Covid-19 constraints means we all have to learn to do things differently and in ways that don’t come naturally – especially when many of us have had years of sailing without these restrictions. We now depend on all our members taking the trouble to familiarise themselves with these new arrangements and follow them. In this way we will all play our part in minimising the risks of the virus being transmitted between people due to our activities and demonstrate to everyone in our community that LHYC is playing its part in the efforts to protect everyone from the impact of a “second peak”.
The approach we have taken is simply to follow the principles set down by the RYA as reproduced below:
“These are the RYA’s guiding principles that will underpin all guidance across the boating community. We would encourage decision makers to use these principles to inform their own decisions during the Covid-19 period.
1. We will always follow Government advice
- The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on frontline services. We all have a role to play by following the Government guidelines.
2. We will, as a boating community, take a considerate and conservative approach
- Considerate: be mindful of the potential impact that you could have on other water users and local communities. Do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI and emergency services
- Conservative: help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to your boating.”