1. FRANCE - North Coast - Banc In Ratel S - NM Block. Depths. - Three reductions of depth in a small unmarked channel between the offshore sandbanks off Dunkerque. Not a likely place we would be!
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Approaches to Ipswich - Woolverstone Marina - Works. Light. - Deletion of the 2012 reference of works in progress. Readers will recall last week’s local NtM in the Temporary List from ABP Ipswich regarding deletion of a light on Woolverstone Marina.
1. SEA REACH CALOR JETTY JETTY & FENDER WORKS - commencing on the week beginning 15th May 2018 Medtow Marine Ltd will be carrying maintenance to fender units on the Calor Gas Tanker Jetty for about 10 days - it's on Canvey;
2. LOWESTOFT APPROACHES - SEWER BUOYS MAINTENANCE - essential maintenance was scheduled for the Sewer Cardinal Buoys on Friday 11th May (East and South Cardinal Buoys). The buoys are temporarily removed at present;
3. Port of Wells - dredging;
4. King’s Lynn Harbour - Hanse Royal Regatta - on Sunday 20th May 2018 as part of the Hanse Royal Regatta there will be boat racing on the River between the Purfleet and a position to the North of the Free Bridge between 0930 hrs and 1300 hrs. Yellow Race markers will be laid. Mariners are kindly requested to keep clear when the races are underway and to contact King’s Lynn Harbour Radio on VHF Channel 14 prior to manoeuvring within the area of the races.
5. Approaches to Kings Lynn - Amendment to No.1 Light Buoy, Pilot Boarding Area - on or about 9th May 2018 the following amendments to the No. 1 light buoy in position 52° 56’.00N 00° 21’.50E will take place: The colour of the buoy will be changed to Yellow. The character of the light will change to Fl Y 3s. The changes are to reflect the special function of the buoy as the pilot boarding area rather than as a starboard hand mark.
6. Approaches to Ramsgate - EAST BRAKE BUOY - presently displaced 500 meters SW of its charted position of 51˚19.47’N – 001˚29.22’E
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?500467-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-21#wXEXTO6w9Ob1YCCF.99
UKHO Permanent, Preliminary or Temporary
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Winterton Overfalls - Depths. - 2 reduced depths near the Overfalls but this is linked into the next:
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Winterton Overfalls to Lowestoft - Depths. Drying heights. Wrecks. Obstruction. - a Major preliminary notice including 212 reduced depths, 3 drying heights, 5 wrecks and one obstruction - not the nicest to do! - And the area has already issued 5 NtMs this year. I have needed to include 3 images and to be comprehensive I have added the reduced depths from the 5 earlier NtMs.
3. BELGIUM - Zeebrugge - NM Blocks. - a block of the east side of the harbour - image of course on the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
1. Pinto Lighted Buoy - River Crouch - the Pinto Lighted Buoy has been observed to be laying low in the water in and around the high water period;
2. Mariners are courteously reminded of Rule 9 [Narrow Channels] of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 [COLREGS]… All commercial ships navigating in the Burnham Fairway will have a Crouch Harbour Authority [CHA] licensed pilot onboard. They will be monitoring VHF Channel 11 whilst within the CHA district. Do not impede these vessels as they can only navigate safely within the Fairway due to amongst other factors constraint of draught.
A ship that is slowing down may not steer very well; it needs propeller action on the rudder to respond, it takes time and considerable distance to stop a ship particularly if it is in a loaded condition.
Ships in narrow channels cannot easily avoid small craft, it is best that you stay clear.
Be especially cautious and vigilant at night or in times of poor visibility, above all keep a good lookout both ahead and astern!
3. Port of Wells - dredging.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html